If you've recently ported your number over to Superdrug Mobile and your iMessages aren't working we can help with this.
Have you allowed the full timescale for porting?
- If you request to port before 4pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), your number should be moved by 5pm the next working day
- If you request to port after 4pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays), your number should be moved by 5pm the day after the next working day
- If you request to port after 4pm Friday (excluding bank holidays), your number should be moved by 5pm Tuesday the following week (excluding bank holidays)
Porting can take place in stages. For example, you might stop receiving calls on your SIM, and still be able to send text messages. It's best to allow the full timescale for the process to complete.
If you've allowed the timescales for porting, and you don't think everything's moved across, try turning your phone off and on again.
That still hasn't worked :(
If your iMessages aren't working after porting, it's usually because you need to amend your settings.
When you activate your SIM, your original iMessage number is replaced with the new Superdrug Mobile number. Even when the porting process is complete, your iMessage number will not change back to your old number.
Here's what you need to do:
Step 1: Open Settings.
Step 2: Go to Phone and then My number.
Step 3: Manually change the number in this field.
Turn your phone on and off again to reboot the settings.
You can also try the following:
- Settings > General > Date & Time (make sure the time zone is set correctly)
- Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage
- Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime
- Restart your device
- Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.
If you've tried all the above and your iMessages are still not activated after a day (and it's been 24 hours), you definitely deserve a medal for preserving! Only kidding, follow these steps:
- Make sure your device has the latest version of iOS
- Contact Apple Support (https://support.apple.com/en-in/ht201422)
Need more help?
You can contact us via web chat – we love to chat! Web chat is available 8am-8pm, 7 days a week (excluding Bank Holidays).
If you need help outside of these times, you can still submit your question via web chat and leave your email address or mobile number. We’ll reply as soon as possible.